What is Contents Coverage on a Flood Insurance Policy?

In this article and video we look at contents coverage on a flood insurance policy.

Flood insurance traditionally can have two types of coverage. Building coverage and contents coverage. These normally each have a separate deductible. Building coverage will cover the actual building but contents coverage is going to cover your personal belongings. We are talking about things like clothes, a couch, and a dinning room table.